When Microsoft sends out updates, the operating system will automatically start downloading and installing updates. When this happens, the PC/Server will sometime restart, and that can cause trouble for the PC/Server if there are important services running on it.
We have 2 solutions to fix this:
1. Make sure that there is someone who can control the PC/Server after each update to make sure it is running correctly.
2. Deactivate Windows Update, and manually start the updates and installations.
To deactivate Windows Update on Windows Server, do the following:
1. Open an elevated command prompt window or PowerShell session
2. Type sconfig and press enter.
3. Select option 5
4. Now select “A” for automatically download and install updates, “D” for download only or “M” for Manual updates.